06/04/2014

Dee-con 2014! ~ Tartan


©Tartan Le Cuirot Photography

Last Saturday was the day of the Event of Dee-con. Scotland's largest Free comic convention. I went to the event last year. It was my 1st ever convention. And because its near by I decided to get myself along to the event.

Since last year I have connected more with other like minded convention goers so I was very lucky to share my Train journey with a sweet Lolita .

My outfit was Black shorts in a dungaree style , bunny knee high style tights with a Heart Blouse and blue blazer and red cat ear hat with Red matching High tops. Thankfully it was not a rainy day for the event just a few showers here and there so I did not get wet. However the event is indoors so you could shelter inside if need be.

©Tartan Le Cuirot Photography
The Event did not Start till Noon and was located at DUSA Union. Which was a mere 5-10min walk away from the Rail Station. The Event covered 5 floors. From Artist Alleys, Retro Gaming, Card Gaming and merch-stalls. It is way to easy to spend to much money at these conventions. How ever I was very good and only spend a little amount of money.

When we arrived we were stopped by a local Photographer who wanted to take our photos. I was only wearing a simple but bright outfit and was rather shocked to be asked. I agreed to have my photo taken as did my Lolita friend. Both together and on our own.

As we got near to the main building which housed the event, the queue was intense.It must have double back on its self a few times.We must have been in the queue for 10 mins waiting and then a further 10 mins getting in to the place.
©Tartan Le Cuirot Photography

It was packed,As soon as you walked in. I explored all the levels and checked out the stalls, The Artist Alley is the bit I like a lot and I picked up a few pieces from the same artist as last year. There is a good few stalls that sell some goods and products such as Anime merchandise and manga. Others stuff included hand made items and accessories.

  The Lay out was a bit more flowing than last years apart from the lowest level, for some reason its so packed up.
I found myself standing for 5 mins trying to move,I have no idea why this happens even last year it was packed and you felt stuck and unable to move.  I retreated to a higher level of seating area to get some photo's.

 Outside was the best place for photos. Am sure a lot of cosplayer's took this as a advantage to get some photos take of their outfits.I really should have hung about outside to meet more people and snap some shots. There was also at the top level a local photographer who had a pop up studio that was taking bookings for those who wanted photos of their cosplay's and outfits . Which was really fun to be a on looker watching how the were enjoying posing with the outfits and acting in character.

©Tartan Le Cuirot Photography
I noticed there was much more going on this year than to last year's. There was a great atmosphere too. I spotted many Lolita's from the local community,each one was dressed so well. I noticed and recognized some cosplay.

Overall it was a good day out, its a great convention for any 1st time convention goers. I do regret not getting more photos and footage, but there is many more conventions to come. I did not stay till the end but there was also a after party for later in the evening.

During the day there was some  Anime films being shown that you could go in and watch. There was lots of Games to play, Table top Games were set up, Arcades and even some retro ones. Even some tournaments where set up for Gamers.
A area of Games development and even talks such as '' Being proud of your inner Geek.'' Also there was a Kendo Performance Display and a Cosplay Masquerade and competition . So You could easily stayed
on till the early hours of Sunday with the after party!

©Tartan Le Cuirot Photography
Dee-con is a good sized convention, its nice to have a convention near by. I would say its a great convention to attend for your 1st time and then a great way to meet up with others who have the same interests. Its a nice way to ease you into the cosplay and convention world. Once you get the bug for it, that's you hooked.

I was waved down or called over to say Hello or for a chat by many kawaii readers and folks I know of via facebook and on my blog. I was so shocked by this and quite overwhelmed. Every one I met was lovely. I look forward to next years and for my upcoming events. I hope to see some of you again and meet new faces of Kawaii! So watch this space!

Tartan Kawaii
(Many photos below ©Tartan Le Cuirot Photography .)


















 For more on Dee-con ~ Read Olivia's article here!


Thanks for choosing Kawaii-B! Your number one place for Kawaii in the UK!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

© Kawaii-B | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig